It provides a checklist for regulators and auditors
Organizations need confidence that their sensitive data is properly protected, no matter where it resides. However, too many businesses have to contend with the lack of a common language for discussing requirements for cloud data management—the CDMC framework provides this. Certification allows organizations to balance data sovereignty controls with generating business value from their data, wherever it resides. Most importantly, certification assures regulators that privacy laws are being followed for data such as:
- Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personal Health Information.
- Company- or client-identifiable information.
- Material Non-public Information.
- Information with sensitivity classifications, such as “Highly Restricted” or “Confidential.”
- Critical data elements used for business processes.
- Licensed data.
To read the Full Article go Here