• For those who outsource website management, please contact your developer to determine if
your website is Internet Explorer 8 compatible. And for more general information, please check here.
• For those who manage your own website, reference the Resource links below and/or the
1. Download Internet Explorer 8 here.
2. Navigate to your website in the Internet Explorer 8 browser.
3. If pages look as they should, you’re done! If pages look different from how they did in Internet Explorer 7 or
don’t work the same way, follow one of the following options:
• Preferred: Revise site content to support the standards-compliant default view for web
pages in Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 8 supports the HTML 4.01 Specification more closely than any previous version and
supports some features of the HTML 5 Specification. This release of Internet Explorer also offers
full support for CSS 2.1 and supports some popular features of CSS 3.0. For more information, please see
Or you can
•Tell Internet Explorer 8 to display your site in Internet Explorer 7 mode
1) On a per-site basis, add the HTTP header: X-UA-Compatible: IE=EmulateIE7
2) On a per-page basis, add a special HTML tag to each document, right after the <title> tag (and before
any other tags following <title>):
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />