As you move in your journey to Windows Server 2012 certification, you need to understand the path to get certified, This is a tool that will assist you in choosing the type of training that fits your learning style and schedule and prepare for your first—or next—exam to reach your certification and career goal.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
What’s New in Windows 8 Security
Windows 8 Security Demonstrations
Security Events and Training
Windows 8 Jump Start: Recovery and Security
Microsoft Virtual Academy: Operating and Managing a Secure Windows 8 Environment
This is a repost off the Microsoft security newsletter .
Mitch Tulloch has updated his very popular free ebook on Windows Server 2012 based on the RTM version of the software.
A key feature of this book is the inclusion of sidebars written by members of the Windows Server team, Microsoft Support engineers, Microsoft Consulting Services staff, and others who work at Microsoft. These sidebars provide an insider’s perspective that includes both “under-the-hood” information concerning how features work, and strategies, tips, and best practices from experts who have been working with the platform during product development.
Based on final, released-to-manufacturing (RTM) software, this book introduces new features and capabilities, with scenario-based insights demonstrating how to plan for, implement, and maintain Windows 8 in an enterprise environment.
• Performance, reliability, and security features
• Deployment options
• Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit
• Windows PowerShell™ 3.0 and Group Policy
• Managing and sideloading apps
• Internet Explorer® 10
• Virtualization, Client Hyper-V, and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
• Recovery features
get the ebook here
We're pleased to announce the return of Second Shot, the highly popular offer that gives you a free second chance to pass your IT pro, developer, and Microsoft Dynamics certification exams.
Second Shot is available now through May 31, 2013.
Read more about Second Shot on Microsoft Learning.
How it works
- Register to receive a Second Shot voucher for either a single exam or a certification pack. Click the appropriate link in the table on the Second Shot page on Microsoft Learning to get started.
- Using the Second Shot voucher number, schedule and pay for your initial exam through our testing provider, Prometric, at http://www.register.prometric.com.
- Take your exam.
- If you do not pass your exam the first time, you may register to take the same exam again at no charge, via http://www.register.prometric.com. Provide Prometric with the same Second Shot exam voucher number when registering the second time.
NOTE: Please wait one day after taking the initial exam to register for the retake to allow for test results to be entered into the system.
If you're getting ready to earn another certification, make sure you register for Second Shot so you can retake your exam, if necessary, for free!
I have been nominated as a SBS influencer, an SMB 150 influencer is a person that has made a meaningful and lasting impact on the worldwide SMB channel. Impact may mean (i) providing products widely used by significant numbers of MSPs, SMB channel partners and resellers, or (ii) influencing significant numbers of MSPs, SMB channel partners and resellers by being a thought leader, or (iii) providing information or services of note to significant numbers of MSPs, SMB channel partners and resellers.
The SMB 150 honors individuals who have made a significant impact on the worldwide small and medium business (SMB) channel . You and an all-star judging panel will vote for the top 150. It all culminates with honoring the SMB 150 Influencers in late-April 2013, with an awards gala in May at the iconic Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles, CA!
by clicking here