In honor of Data Privacy Day
– an international effort held annually on Jan. 28 to generate awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust – the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA)
hosted a daylong event streamed live from LinkedIn’s offices in San Francisco, CA, on Thursday, Jan. 25. The event showcased fast-paced, cutting-edge discussions and TED-style talks with leading experts focusing on what businesses and consumers must know about privacy.
The day's discussions focused on the following privacy hot topics:
- Looking Into a Crystal Ball: What Your Data Says About You
- Five Things You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy Now
- What You Should Know About the Internet of Me and Your Privacy
- Tracking My Location – Business Uses and Consumer Choices
- Staying Competitive – Why Privacy Is Good for Your Business
- The Problem With Your Online Privacy
- Balancing Act: Privacy and Innovation
- What's an Algorithm Got to Do With It?