What is Microsoft Security Essentials
You're too busy to spend a lot of time worrying about protecting your PC. With Microsoft Security Essentials Beta, you get high-quality protection against viruses and spyware, including Trojans, worms and other malicious software. And best of all, there are no costs or annoying subscriptions to keep track of.
Security Essentials is easy to install and easy to use. Updates and upgrades are automatic, so there's no need to worry about having the latest protection. It's easy to tell if you're protected – when the Security Essentials icon is green, your status is good. It's as simple as that.
When you're busy using your PC, you don't want to be bothered by needless alerts. Security Essentials runs quietly in the background, only alerting you if there's something you need to do. And it doesn't use a lot of system resources, so it won't get in the way of your work or fun.
This beta is available only to customers in the United States, Israel (English only), People's Republic of China (Simplified Chinese only) and Brazil (Brazilian Portuguese only).
System requirements for Microsoft Security Essentials Beta
- Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3); Windows Vista; Windows 7 (Beta or Release Candidate)
- For Windows XP, a Personal Computer with a:
- CPU with clock speed of 500 MHz or higher
- Memory: 256 MB RAM or higher
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a Personal Computer with a:
- CPU with clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher
- VGA (Display): 800 x 600 or higher
- Storage: 140 MB of available hard-disk space
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser:
- Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
To learn more go to http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/